There is a full-time position opening for a
Doctoral research assistant
in the Faculty of Human Sciences at the Institute for Psychology, starting February 15, 2011 (or later), initially for three years.
- Participation in teaching (e.g. experimental practica; tutorials)
- Research in the experimental psychology of perception with an emphasis on psychoacoustics
- Planning and conducting psychoacoustical measurements and listening tests in interdisciplinary cooperation (in a project on the psychoacoustics of machinery noise)
- Masters (or equivalent) degree in psychology or in a project-related field in engineering or the sciences
- Desirable: Experience in human experimental research in perception
- Excellent methodological and computer skills
- An interest in technological solutions of psychological/ergonomic problems
The teaching requirements coming with the position simultaneously serve to enhance the applicant’s academic qualifications. The position provides the opportunity to work toward a doctoral degree in the areas of experimental or applied cognitive psychology.
The Technical University Darmstadt aspires to increase the proportion of women in academic staff, and therefore specifically asks female candidates to apply for the position. According to state policy, handicapped applicants are prefered given equal qualification. Salary is according to the contract for state employees (TV - TU Darmstadt). In principle, part-time employment is possible.
Applications including a CV, a description of research experience, and a cover letter detailing the interest in and qualification for the position are to be sent (refering to the code number below) to the Dean of the Faculty of Human Sciences, Fachbereich 3, Alexanderstraße 10, 64283 Darmstadt, Germany.
Questions regarding the position may be addressed to Prof. Wolfgang Ellermeier, Ph.D., firstname.lastname@example.org
Code. No. 478
Application deadline: 15-Jan-2011