The Darmstadt Mathematical School (DAMS) at the Department of Mathematics, TU Darmstadt, invites applications for in total eight positions (one in each research group) as
Research Assistants (Post-Doc)
to be filled as soon as possible. The positions are available for a duration of two years.
DAMS, founded in summer 2017, is taking a new element of the postgraduate education at the mathematics department. It complements the TU-wide INGENIUM initiative.
- Carry out high level mathematical research
- Contribute to establishing and maintaining the DAMS as a high quality international teaching and research environment
- Supervise students while they are working on their respective theses
- Independent teaching, especially for postgraduate doctoral students
- You hold a M.Sc.-degree or equivalent in mathematics or a related subject with very good final grades
- You hold a PhD with a research record above average
- You have international experience, e.g. by working for a university outside Germany
- Relevant expertise in research and teaching, which complements the research group´s profile
The fulfillment of the research and service requirements attached to this position serve at the same time as fulfillment of the academic requirements for a candidate's doctoral degree. Opportunity for further qualification (habilitation) is given.
The Technische Universität Darmstadt intends to increase the number of female employees and encourages female candidates to apply. In case of equal qualifications applicants with a degree of disability of at least 50 or equal will be given preference. Wages and salaries are according to the collective agreements on salary scales, which apply to the Technische Universität Darmstadt (TV-TU Darmstadt). Part-time employment is generally possible.
Applications stating the code number and including the customary documents are sent to the Dean of the Department of Mathematics, Schlossgartenstr. 7, 64289 Darmstadt (Germany), bewerbung [at] mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de (please enclose a single .pdf-file of at most 5 MB size).
For general questions concerning your application please contact the departmental coordinator, Dr. Andreas Mars, Tel. +49 6151 – 16 21431, mars [at] mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de.
Applications via encrypted mail are welcome. Our public PGP-key is available on the website of the department.
Code. No. 504
Application deadline: January 07, 2018