We announce an open position from March 1st, 2018, in the working group Atmospheric Aerosol of the Institute for Applied Geosciences, Technische Universität Darmstadt
Full position, 3 years.
- Scientific qualification (e.g., habilitation)
- Teaching in master course Applied Geosciences (3 semester hours, equiv. 4 course hours)
- Research in aerosol science, preferably with focus on mineral research or instrument design
- Participation in current research activities including field and laboratory campaigns, including analysis work (e.g., electron microscopy)
- Initiation of own new projects and third party funding acquisition
- Contribution to academic self-governance
- Completed university education in a related subject, e.g., meteorology, geosciences, physics, chemistry
- PhD / promotion in a related subject
- Experience in aerosol studies and scientific data processing
- Skills in operation of technical field equipment
- Fluent in written and spoken English
The fulfillment of the research and service requirements attached to this position serve at the same time as fulfillment of the academic requirements for a candidate's doctoral degree. Opportunity for further qualification (habilitation) is given.
The Technische Universität Darmstadt intends to increase the number of female employees and encourages female candidates to apply. In case of equal qualifications applicants with a degree of disability of at least 50 or equal will be given preference. Wages and salaries are according to the collective agreements on salary scales, which apply to the Technische Universität Darmstadt (TV-TU Darmstadt). Part-time employment is generally possible.
For questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Konrad Kandler (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please send applications until January 31st, 2018, either by email to email@example.com or by mail to Prof. Dr. Konrad Kandler, Schnittspahnstr. 9, 64287 Darmstadt, Germany. Application should include besides the usual documentation references to previous scientific publications and experiences in field work
Code. No. 571
Application deadline: January 31, 2018