The virtual event series “Unite! Teaching and Learning” is aimed at teachers, lecturers and faculty from all Unite! partner institutions who are interested in exchanging and developing teaching and learning practices. Pedagogical experts from the partner universities will run the courses, which are free of charge for the Unite! community. All “Unite! Teaching and Learning” activities are in English, some activities will award credits.
The online workshop "The art of explaining science" will be offered by Dr. Ulrike Homann and Dr. Annette Glathe from TU Darmstadt. This workshop is two part and continues on Friday, December 10, 2021 (9:30am - 12 noon).
- analyse explanations from several fields of research,
- develop and optimize own explanations using principles that enhance students’ understanding,
- create an explanatory video with simple tools,
- prompt students’ self-explanations.
Since all “Unite! Teaching and Learning” courses will be carried out through the Unite! Metacampus, a previous registration to the Metacampus is required to access the activities' materials, as well as other Unite! courses offered through the platform.
Application deadline: October 22, 2021
05. November 2021, 09:30-12:00
Unite! / TU Darmstadt