Oral examinations in person on site are possible again since 01.06.2021.
However, it is still recommended to conduct the examinations as video conference. The same withdrawal rule applies as for written examinations.
Oral examinations via video conference
The rules of Hess. FernPrüfDV. apply. The withdrawal rule applies as for written examinations.
The following conditions must be met at digital oral examinations:
Both you and the examiner must mutually agree to the digital format chosen. In the case of a video-based examination, you must be visible in the live image and show an identification document and the student ID. All examiners, assessors if applicable, and the person taking the minutes in written form will attend the conference. At the beginning of the exam, you must assure that you are alone in the room and that you do not have any aids available.
At the end of the examination session, you will be informed orally of the result and the grade in the video conference. The result will additionally be published in TUCaN. If the connection is interrupted for technical reasons, the exam will be considered as “not taken”.
- Screenshots (if, for example, the examinee must write a proof)
- Examinee holds the notes in front of the camera
- Examiner can take a screenshot of the notes
- Additionally: examinee can scan their notes and send the scan to the examiners
- Discontinuation the Oral Examination
- Stopping due to technical problems
In the event of technical problems, the examiner can stop the exam. This does not count as a failed attempt. The cancellation must be recorded in the exam protocol.
- Stopping in case of cheating
If an attempt to cheat is observed, this must be recorded in the exam protocol. The examiner will decide at their own discretion whether the exam will be called off, depending on the severity of the attempt to cheat.
- Stopping due to technical problems
- Teacher degrees
For all students of teacher degrees in Hesse, the oral examinations in the first state exams (Erste Staatsprüfung) are suspended until further notice. This has been announced by the “Hessische Lehrkräfteakademie”. Further information for teacher degree students can be found on the website of the “Zentrum für Lehrerbildung”.
Oral examinations in person on site
For oral examinations on site the following general conditions apply:
- Oral examinations on site are permitted for examinees and examiners. Audience members can participate via video conferencing systems.
- There is an obligation to wear a mouth-nose protection of all participants or, alternatively, if a person participates without mouth-nose protection, an obligatory daily negative test according to § 1 b CoKoBeV of all participants.
- Re-admission also includes doctoral examinations including the possibility to have external members of the examination board participate electronically. For all events, the requirements of the hygiene concept apply, which must be ensured by the examiners.
- Access for students as audience (§22 (3) APB) is only possible virtually.
Public access for oral examinations in doctoral procedures:
If persons wish to participate as audience members, they will be connected online via video conferencing systems. No participation of audience members in person on site.
- Supplement to the APB (General Examination Rules)
- Withdrawal from examination / Medical Certificate
- How do I apply for an additional oral exam?
- Will all exams take place as scheduled?
- If online exams are the optimal solution for planning security, why are they not introduced as a standard?
- Who decides on a change of the examination form and how do I know out about it?
- Where can I see my exam will take place in person on site?
- What happens in case of a disconnection during an online exam?
- For online exams, should there be a test round a few days beforehand to get familiar with the technology?
- Since one of my exams is a requirement that must be successfully passed by 31.03.21, non-attendance would result in exmatriculation. How is this regulated?
- Changing the form of examination