1. Communication with the public health department/ Gesundheitsamt:
Persons who have received a positive test result for the corona virus must:
- quarantine themselves for 14 days from the day of the test date
- Not receive visitors during the quarantine period
- Inform the public health department immediately about the positive test result; i.e. a report must be made to the responsible public health department.
The Darmstadt-Dieburg Health Office is the responsible authority for Darmstadt and the surrounding area. The following documents can be found as pdf downloads on the website of the health department (only in German available).
For this health office the form: Formular_fuer_Homepage__Meldung_positives_Testergebnis.pdf must be filled out and sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Furthermore their form : Kontaktpersonenliste_einer_SARS-CoV-2_positiv_getesteten_Person.docx with the contact persons should be filled out and also sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
- The public health department must as well be informed if signs of the disease appear during the quarantine, even when they were absent at the start of the quarantine.
- If at the end of the specified quarantine period the patient is free of symptoms (for 48 hours before the end of the quarantine period), the quarantine period is closed without further contact with the public health department.
- If at the end of the 14-day quarantine period symptoms of the disease still persist, please contact the public health department https://www.gesundheitsamt-dadi.de/infektion/informationen-zu-corona/ again.
2. Comunication with TU Darmstadt
Please contact your boss or supervisor immediately and inform them of the situation. You must also as well send a short message (in English, if you prefer) to gesundheit@tu-…. In this message, please inform gesundheit@tu-… that you have tested positive for the corona virus.
Residents of the TU Darmstadt guesthouses Georg-Christoph-Lichtenberg-Haus and Otto-Wolfskehl-Haus must furthermore contact their house management and inform them of situation to firstname.lastname@example.org-…
3. Doctor search/sick leave
Even if you do not feel ill and have no symptoms, we strongly recommend you to find a general practitioner in your area as a precaution. You can search for the general practitioner, for example, under these links:
Please call the doctor’s office to ask if they take new patients and what you will have to do, if you feel unwell, to get an appointment.
Please also check your health insurance, if you have all the documents to take with you to a doctor’s appointment.
Please note that as an employee, if you are unwell and cannot work, you will have to inform your supervisor immediately.
Also please confirm with your supervisor, when you are expected to hand in a sick note. Some supervisors require a sick note on the first day of sick leave, while others only do so after three days. A sick note, in German “Arbeitsunfähigkeitsbescheinigung” is a document issued by a doctor on which the doctor says for how long you will not be able to work.
If you have further questions, please contact the Welcome Centre.