Tasks and Goals
The goals of the staff department IT- and Process Coordination are to deliver modern and digitalised administration procedures and services, as well as the usage of new IT-solutions used to ensure their users satisfaction.
Especially the goal to develop digitalised administration procedures is very complex. As a result modern working tools are required in the same way as the readiness of the organisation to work together on the necessary changes. The IT- and Process Coordination works on the following task fields, in order to achieve their goal step by step:
• Carry out the IT- Requirements Management
• Close cooperation with the HRZ focusing on processing the requirements, providing support and the on-time delivery of projects to contribute to the user’s happiness
• Work in various working groups and committees and initiate cooperation
• Encourage further development of standardised administration processes, which typically affects several departments or different departments and faculties and focuses on the improvement or creation of new processes on behalf of a modern digitalised administration
• Support the chancellor at preparing strategic IT-topics, for example the Process Management, Digitalisation and Transformation, Innovation and IT-Governance
The objective of developing digitalised administrative processes is very complex and requires not only modern, sustainable IT tools, but also to the same extent the willingness of the organisation to jointly work out and implement the necessary changes. To achieve this top-level objective step by step, IT & Process Management is active in the following fields:
The Staff Unit supports the Vice President for Administration and Financial Affairs by preparing strategically relevant IT topics such as process management, digitalisation and transformation, innovation and/or IT governance.
The Staff Unit collaborates closely with the HRZ units, the working groups and other partners. The focus is on a demand-based handling of requirements, support requests and projects, including their reliable and on-time delivery to the satisfaction of the users.
Working groups and administrative bodies
The Staff Unit participates in various working groups and administrative bodies and initiates collaboration.
The Staff Unit promotes the advancement of standard administrative processes that typically concern several directorates or directorates and departments or central services while focussing on optimising or restructuring processes compliant with a modern, digitalised administration.
The Staff Unit handles the IT requirement management of the University Administration which means that the requirements can be looked at comprehensively and the processes can be optimised continuously.