Financial Assistance and Scholarships
When looking for scholarships, it is advisable to work with databases as scholarships are often tied to specific criteria such as nationality/ country of origin, age or study programme.
The following websites give you an overview of the different scholarship:
BAFöG (state-funded student loans) will be granted to international students on rare occasions and under specific conditions.
The Deutschlandstipendium offers students financial aid for a limited time period.
In the case of financial emergencies, our office provides advice on appointment. You can also get financial counseling here.
Financial Funding for international students in their final study phase
Online applications for “Leistungsorientierte Studienabschluss-Förderung” (Financial funding for international students in their final study phase) can be submitted twice a year.
Application periods: April 01 – 15 and October 01 – 15.
Requirements for applicants:
- Citizenship other than German
- Higher education entrance qualification from a country other than Germany or from a “Studienkolleg” in Germany
- Enrolment in a Bachelor, Master or teaching program at TU Darmstadt
- overall GPA ≤ 2,74
- Final thesis is already registered or will be within the next six months
Complete online application form and hand it in at the International Counter at Karo5 with the following documents:
- Current transcript of records, stamped by “Studienbüro” (departmental study office)
- Form “Confirmation of thesis registration”
Important: Even if your thesis has not been registered yet, please fill out the form „Confirmation of thesis registration” nevertheless and mark “thesis has not been registered to date”. A confirmation of “Studienbüro” is not required in this case.
- Proof of social hardship or family situation that needs to be considered in particular, if applicable (e.g. birth certificate of child)
- Funding is awarded on the basis of performance criteria and, if applicable, in consideration of the applicant's social or family situation
- Students with children will be considered in particular
Applications that are incomplete or handed in after the application period cannot be considered.
Students can receive financial funding only once in each degree course.
Students in cooperation programs or Erasmus programs as well as doctoral students cannot apply for this financial assistance.