TU Darmstadt’s Quality Management Advisory Board
Based on the principles for integrated quality management at TU Darmstadt, a Quality Management Advisory Board (inQM Advisory Board) was established in December 2012. It accompanies the further development of integrated quality management and advises the Executive Board regarding quality assurance and quality development.
The inQM Advisory Board is a TU-internal body consisting of seven members who are representing all status groups. Its members contribute their expertise and perspectives to the board and carry the information from their advisory board activities into the university. They shall be appointed on a proposal from the President with the approval of the Senate. Their mandate last two years, that of the student member one year. As a rule, the Advisory Board meets once a semester under the chairmanship of TU Darmstadt’s President.
The inQM Advisory Board has focused on the following topics so far:
- TU Darmstadt’s system accreditation
- Institutional evaluation of central administration and monitoring of the agreement’s implementation
- Further development of the institutional evaluation
- Potentials of course evaluation
- Prof. Dr. Hans Jürgen Prömel
- Prof. Dr. Barbara Albert
- Prof. Dr. Christian Beidl
- Prof. Dr. Andy Schürr
- Prof. Dr. Josef Wiemeyer
- Dr. Kaja Boxheimer
- Franziska Chuleck
- Proxy: Rickmer Krohn
- Dr. Wolfgang Stille
TU Darmstadt’s Quality Management Circle
Based on the principles for integrated quality management at TU Darmstadt, a Quality Management Circle (inQM Circle) was established in April 2018.
The inQM Circle sees itself as a forum at working level. The circle works on the introduction, further development and systematic linking of quality assurance instruments in various areas of the university. Thereby, it also considers the recommendations of the inQM Advisory Board.
TU Darmstadt’s Unit Quality Management and Administrative Bodies coordinates the inQM Circle. Usually, all members meet once or twice a semester. It consists of representatives from the central administration, the central facilities and some departments (one member each from engineering, natural sciences, humanities and social sciences). Depending on the topic, representatives from other units of TU Darmstadt are consulted.
The inQM Circle addresses following topics:
- Implementation of the recommendations from the system accreditation of the TU Darmstadt
- Further development of the institutional evaluation and the integrated quality management
- Dr. Tina Klug, Directorate I
- Beate Kriegler, Directorate II
- Annelore Schmidt, Directorate II
- Dr. Melanie Meermann-Zimmermann, Directorate VI
- Dr. Jana Freihöfer, Directorate VIII
- Dr. Annette Glathe, Center for Educational Development and Technology (HDA)
- Dr. Mônica Holtz, Department 2, Course coordinator
- Dr. Regine Angert, Department 3, Course coordinator
- Dr. Matthias Homann, Department10, Managing Director
- Ulrich Saß, Department 18, Managing Director (on parental leave)
Thomas Kolb, Department 18, Member of the Senate Committee on Teaching