FAQ about doctorates at the TU Darmstadt
This page will be updated continuously. We are pleased about your suggestion to firstname.lastname@example.org-….
General Information / Documents (6)
- Do any temporary provisions apply before the 8th amendment of the Doctoral Regulations come into force?
- General Information about Doctorates
Registration/Enrolment (TUCaN) (10)
- Online Registration and Enrollment for a doctorate
- What is the difference between registration and enrolment?
- Online Registration / Enrollment: Which portal?
- TUCAN: Online Registration / Enrolment for PhD-candidates with German university entrance qualification
- Registration / enrolment as PhD candidate with foreign university entrance qualification or foreign master
- Can I change my mind between ‘registration’ and ‘enrollment’ afterwards?
- Registration for courses / language courses as doctoral candidate
- Do I get a TU-ID as a doctoral candidate?
- Enrolment/Registration for former TU students
- Why do I need to register as a doctoral candidate?
5-Year Deadline (1)
Compilation Thesis (1)
Viva Voce (5)
- Can members of the examination board be represented by another person?
- In which language will the viva voce be conducted?
- May the report on a doctoral examination be sent to external examiners electronically?
- Which requirements apply to junior scientists who wish to be assessors?
- Who can sit on the examination board?
Thesis Declaration (2)
Publication of the Thesis (12)
- Can a doctoral thesis be modified once it has been published on TUprints?
- Can a document that has been published in TUprints be withdrawn or ‘unpublished’?
- Declaration to doctoral thesis and transfer of rights
- Does a printed copy of the doctoral thesis need to be filed in the departmental office’s archives?
- Does the ISBN prove that the thesis has been distributed to book stores?
- How is a doctoral thesis published?
- Is there any financial support available for the publication of my thesis?
- Titel Page Specifications
- What does ‘released in book stores’ mean?
- What does ‘versioning’ mean with respect to a doctoral thesis and how does it work?
- When, where and how does the electronic version need to be submitted?
- Which type of license is the most appropriate for diffusing my research results?