Integrated Quality Management
TU Darmstadt relies on an integrated quality management that covers research, study and teaching, promotion of early career researchers, management and administration. As early as 2012 TU Darmstadt has agreed on principles for an integrated quality management and has set up a Quality Management Advisory Board. In addition, the University was granted system accreditation in 2017 and thus it has the right to review its own degree courses.
Considering strategic decisions, the integrated quality management supports all units of TU Darmstadt in their quality development and contributes to the further development of TU Darmstadt as a whole. Also, existing quality assurance instruments are regularly reviewed and enhanced, and new instruments are added where necessary.
Responsibilities of the Quality Management unit:
- Implementation of the institutional evaluation
- Monitoring of the implementation of agreements on objectives between Executive Board and evaluated unit
- Support of the Executive Board for strategic decision-making and development
- Ongoing development of the integrated quality management
- Implementation of recommendations regarding system accreditation
- Consulting of all university units regarding quality assurance and development
- Supervision of the Quality Management Advisory Board
- Supervision of the Quality Management Circle