FAQ about doctorates at the TU Darmstadt
This page will be updated continuously. We are pleased about your suggestion to email@example.com-….
General Information / Documents
- Doctorates: Online Registration and Enrollment – general information
- What is the difference between registration and enrolment?
- Can I change my mind between ‘registration’ and ‘enrollment’ afterwards?
- Registration for courses / language courses as doctoral candidate
- Do I get a TU-ID as a doctoral candidate?
- Enrolment/Registration for former TU students
- Why do I need to register as a doctoral candidate?
- Doctoral candidates: Online Registration / Enrolment in TUCaN
- Due to the imminent completion of my doctorate, I no longer wish to re-register as a student for the coming semester.
- Registration / Enrolment with Guest-TU-ID
- Can members of the examination board be represented by another person?
- In which language will the viva voce be conducted?
- May the report on a doctoral examination be sent to external examiners electronically?
- Which requirements apply to junior scientists who wish to be assessors?
- Who can sit on the examination board?
Publication of the Thesis
- Can a doctoral thesis be modified once it has been published on TUprints?
- Can a document that has been published in TUprints be withdrawn or ‘unpublished’?
- Declaration to doctoral thesis and transfer of rights
- Does a printed copy of the doctoral thesis need to be filed in the departmental office’s archives?
- Does the ISBN prove that the thesis has been distributed to book stores?
- How is a doctoral thesis published?
- Is there any financial support available for the publication of my thesis?
- Titel Page Specifications
- What does ‘released in book stores’ mean?
- When, where and how does the electronic version need to be submitted?
- Which type of license is the most appropriate for diffusing my research results?